THEME: "DEMENTIA": PREVENTION, CARE AND CURE?
BACKGROUND TO THE CONFERENCE:
With advances in medical research leading to an increasing lifespan and a high aging population, dependence and caregiving is now becoming an essential part of living, specially for those affected by Alzheimer?s & Related Disorders. With the present figures standing at about 4.1 million, and an expected rise to about 7 million by 2020 and rapidly escalating to reach 13-14 million by 2050 in India, it is now imperative to create awareness, share and deliberate on how to treat patients medically and provide careeither by family or professional caregiversand also on the need to advocate with the Government for better facilities for persons with dementia.
The Conference willbring specialists and professionals in the field of medicine and nursing, social sciences and therapistsand medico-socio volunteers together to share their wealth of experience and knowledge. There will be representation from Alzheimer's Disease International (ADI) and World Dementia Council (WDC).
THEME: "DEMENTIA": PREVENTION, CARE AND CURE?
- A holistic approach to Alzheimer's and Related Disorders.
- Medical Aspects: Research. Diagnosis. Identification and Intervention.
- Prevention and Risk Reduction
- Importance of Nursing in Dementia care.
- Caregiving Aspects: How caregiving plays a crucial role in handling patients with Dementia.
- Social Awareness: Awareness generation for early diagnosis and remove stigma.
- Alternative Therapies: To care for those affected with Dementia using non-pharmacological methods.
- Service Availability: Facilities available in Mumbai, Maharashtra and country-wide.
- Public policy and advocacy
- Dementia Friendly Communities.
- Legal Issues and Role of Media.
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTION OF PAPERS:
Inviting original unpublished papers on any of the abovementioned topics. Categories: Medical and Social. Please indicate category under which submission is being made. Abstracts should be submitted before 20 October 2015. The abstract should not exceed 250 words, with 4-5 keywords and should carry a brief description about the study/paper, objectives, methodology, discussion, findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
POSTER SIZE: 4' X 6'.
Abstracts/poster should be submitted to:
IMPORTANT DATES: REGISTRATION, SUBMISSIONS:
- Abstract Submissions: Final date October 20, 2015.
- Registration till October 31, 2015: Rs.3000/-
- Registration at subsidised rates for Social Workers, Nurses,students: Rs.1500/-
- ARDSI Life members and group registrations (minimum 10 persons) Rs.1,500/-
- Spot Registration Rs.5000/-
- Cancellation of Registration November 15, 2015. Cancellation fee 25%.
Modality of payment is given in the registration form. Conference registration fee entitles you to participation in all sessions (December 4&5 2015), kit, morning tea/snacks, lunch, and afternoon tea/snacks.
254-C, Annie Besant Road,
Worli, Mumbai 400030.
Telephone: +91 22 4050 1144, 022-24051182
TRAVEL ARRANGEMENT AND WEATHER CONDITIONS:
You are advised to make your own necessary travel and hotel/ staying arrangements.Weather condition at Mumbai during this time is normally pleasant.
It is the capital of Maharashtra state, and its official language is Marathi although English and Hindi are widely spoken and understood. The fast-paced life has given rise to hordes of "fast-food outlets" on almost every road. In terms of tourism, there are several places of interest in and around Mumbai. There are several private tour operators who can assist you in planning tour. The official tour operator is: Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation (MTDC). You can visit the following link of the MTDC for more details:http://www.maharashtratourism.gov.in/
CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:
Dr. K. Jacob Roy, Hon. Vice President, ADI.
- Mrs. MeeraPattabiraman, conference Chair and Chairperson, ARDSI National Office.
- Dr. R. Sathianathan, conference Co-Chair and Vice Chairman, ARDSI National Office.
- Dr. Mathew Abraham, Joint Secretary, ARDSI National Office.
- Mr. Thomas Cherian, Treasurer, ARDSI, National Office.
- Mr. R. Narendhar. Executive Director, ARDSI National Office.
Conference Organising Committee:
Organising Secretary: Mrs. VidyaShenoy. Secretary General, ARDSI National Office. Hon. Secretary, ARDSI, Mumbai Chapter Dr. Shirin Barodawala, Dr. A.G.Mulla, Dr. Anuradha Murthy, Dr. NasreenRustomfram.
Reception Committee: Chairperson Dr. NergishWankadia, Mr. C.G. Thomas ARDSI. Mumbai Chapter volunteers.
Scientific Committee & Souvenir Publication: Dr. Shirin Barodawala, Dr. A.G.Mulla, Dr. Anuradha Murthy, Dr. Daksha Pandit, DrRohiniSudhakar, Dr. NasreenRustomfram.
Financial Management: Mr. Jacob Kurian, Ms. NandiniDevendra.
Fund Raising Committee: Dr. A.G. Mulla, Dr. ShirinBarodawalla, Dr. Anuradha Murthy, Mrs. VidyaShenoy.
'SHADES OF PURPLE'
ROYAL PURPLE : ABOVE Rs.50,000/-
PURPLE MAUVE : Rs.25,000/-
MAUVE : Rs.10,000/-
LILAC : Rs.5000/-
CONTACT DETAILS OF CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS:
Alzheimer's & Related Disorders Society of India, Mumbai Chapter
Room No. 27, BMC School Building 2nd floor
Next to Richardson & Cruddas, Byculla
Mumbai - 400008, Maharashtra, India
Email: email@example.com .
Phone: 91-22-23742479; 91-9757095327